Re: catch an 'update where false' ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From santiago
Subject Re: catch an 'update where false' ?
Date
Re: catch an 'update where false' ?  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Re: catch an 'update where false' ?  ("Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen@esncc.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi

thanks all for your answers !

to Lane Van Ingen:
my purpose is to write a trigger on update so that 'users' might then us
update without having to perform the if found. I don't know if I was
clear about that idea, but the checks on where update will or not
succeed, is what I'm trying to hide from the upper-level users for this
specific table. If what your sugesting works inside such a trigger,
please show my some code of how to do that, beacause it's precisely what
I fail to do.

to Alvaro Herrera :
according to my book, triggers are only implemented whit the FOR EACH
ROW clause in postgres, and not available in the FOR EACH STATEMENT
case. has this changed in some new version ? which shall I use then ?

thanks to both !