Re: Help Needed - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Help Needed
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Mahesh Shinde wrote:
> Hi I have created an Application in VB . In this application I want
> to show records in the grid using a like query which fetch the values
> from the table which is having about 55 lac debtor list in it. I have
> applied like query on Debtor Id which is a primary key and having
> index on it.

Mahesh, your subject-line doesn't say anything useful. If you didn't
need help you wouldn't be posting a message, would you? Perhaps try
something like "data selection slow from VB".

Also you don't mention a bug in PostrgreSQL at all. Can I suggest you
subscribe to the general mailing list and give *at least* the following
information:
1. What version+OS you are using for PostgreSQL.
2. How you connect to it from VB.
3. What the speed difference between the query from VB and psql is.
4. Whether there is anything unusual in the system logs when you
increase logging options.
5. Whether there is a problem with only one query or many/all queries.
6. Whether you are happy your configuration settings for PostgreSQL are
good. How you know this.

See you on the general lists soon!

--
   Richard Huxton