Re: [HACKERS] [sqlsmith] Planner crash on foreign table join - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [sqlsmith] Planner crash on foreign table join
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Apr 8, 2017, at 5:13 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> I wrote:
>>> On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> I think it's pretty dubious to change this, honestly.  Just because it
>>> would have caught this one bug doesn't make it an especially valuable
>>> thing in general.  Bytes are still not free.
>
>> What I think I might do is write a trial patch that turns Bitmapsets
>> into Nodes, and see if it catches any other existing bugs.  If it does
>> not, that would be good evidence for your position.
>
> I made the attached quick-hack patch, and found that check-world
> passes just fine with it.

Not so for me.  I get a failure almost immediately:

Running in no-clean mode.  Mistakes will not be cleaned up.
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "mark".

The database cluster will be initialized with locales COLLATE:  en_US.UTF-8 CTYPE:    en_US.UTF-8 MESSAGES: C MONETARY:
en_US.UTF-8NUMERIC:  en_US.UTF-8 TIME:     en_US.UTF-8
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to "UTF8".
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".
Data page checksums are disabled.
creating directory /Users/mark/hydra/postgresql/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 128MB
selecting dynamic shared memory implementation ... posix
creating configuration files ... ok
running bootstrap script ... TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(((((const Node*)(a))->type) == T_Bitmapset))", File:
"bitmapset.c",Line: 731)
child process was terminated by signal 6: Abort trap
initdb: data directory "/Users/mark/hydra/postgresql/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data" not removed at user's request