Re: bug: core dump in pl/perl (cvs head). - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: bug: core dump in pl/perl (cvs head).
Date
Re: bug: core dump in pl/perl (cvs head).  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 04:37:05PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>>Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:

>>>How current is your checkout?  Mine's from this morning and I don't
>>>get a crash with the example you posted:
>>
>>None for me either (trying on a Fedora Core 3 x86 box; don't currently
>>have plperl built on my other machine).  Platform-specific issue maybe?
>

> My platform that works is Solaris 9/sparc with Perl 5.8.7; compiler
> is gcc 3.4.2.
>
> Did you get a core dump?  If so, can you do a stack trace on it?

I am running FC4 on x86. There is no core dump.
I have compiled it all over again cleanly.
The last elog is never reached so something seems to go wrong inside the
SQL call ...

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION trig_func() RETURNS trigger AS '        # select the current transaction id
elog(NOTICE,"trigger starting ...");        $sql = "SELECT transaction, pid FROM pg_locks "                . "WHERE
transactionIS NOT NULL AND pid =
pg_backend_pid() ";        elog(NOTICE, "sql: $sql");        my $rv = spi_exec_query($sql);        elog(NOTICE,
"lookingfor transactions ...");

I don't know what it is yet as it seemed to work with 8.0.3.
Interesting to see that nodody else has similar problems ...
regards,
    hans