Re: bug: core dump in pl/perl (cvs head). - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: bug: core dump in pl/perl (cvs head).
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 10:49:54PM +0200, Hans-Jürgen Schönig wrote:

> I am running FC4 on x86. There is no core dump.

Just to be sure: where are you looking?  I don't know if it's
configurable on your platform, but I usually find core dumps under
$PGDATA/base/<databaseoid>/.  Do you have a resource limit or other
setting that would prevent core dumps from happening?  Tom Lane can
probably help out on that platform.

> I have compiled it all over again cleanly.
> The last elog is never reached so something seems to go wrong inside the
> SQL call ...

Can you run the query in psql?  What about in a PL/pgSQL function?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/