PERFORMANCE ISSUE ODBC x LIBPQ C++ Application - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From grupos
Subject PERFORMANCE ISSUE ODBC x LIBPQ C++ Application
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi !

My company is evaluating to compatibilizate our system (developed in
C++) to PostgreSQL.

Our programmer made a lot of tests and he informed me that the
performance using ODBC is very similar than using libpq, even with a big
number of simultaneous connections/queries. Of course that for us is
simpler use ODBC because will be easier to maintan as we already support
a lot of other databases using ODBC (MySQL, DB2, etc).

Someone already had this experience? What are the key benefits using
libpq insted of ODBC ?

Our application have a heavy load and around 150 concorrent users.

Regards,

Rodrigo Carvalhaes

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.