Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Since when?  I thought you didn't need the PostgreSQL sources in order
> to compile pl/PHP, only the installed headers/libraries ... Joshua, has
> something changed, or did I mis-understand that requirement?

Well we don't modify the backend or anything but the way plPHP is
written it assumes it is part of the tree, which is why we have to patch.

However I think part of the argument goes to API. For example the latest
release of plPHP will not work with 7.4.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting