Re: Serial / auto increment data type - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: Serial / auto increment data type
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes, that is the way to do it.

I migrated several large Access DB to postgres and most of the tables that where done by the
non developers didn't have a primary key defined, so the easiest way was just to add a new field to every table and
makeit a serial.

I believe you would have to do this even if you were using MS SQL server as the backend.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design