Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents
Date
List pgsql-www

>> Well that is not what I started this thread as. I started this thread
>> about Software Patents.
>

> But isnt' the big issue against software patents right now more a case
> of "a few bad eggs spoiling it for everyone" then anything?  Are *all*
> software patents out there evil?

I have yet to see a software patent that is valid. That doesn't
mean that they are not out there but everyone that I have seen is
ridiculous. Prior art is rampant in the software industry.

We are not building an artificial heart here, we are building a database
and databases have been around for decades.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Again, as I've mentioned before, I know that there have been some
> "visible" cases where the patent applied for (and I believe approved)
> were for *very* generic concepts, which, IMHO, shouldn't be approved ...
>

>  ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting