Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Software Patents
Date
Re: Software Patents
List pgsql-www
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> anti-software-patent
>>

>> You keep differentiating this ... but, in both cases, aren't we discussing
>> IP rights?
>
> Well that is not what I started this thread as. I started this thread about
> Software Patents.

But isnt' the big issue against software patents right now more a case of
"a few bad eggs spoiling it for everyone" then anything?  Are *all*
software patents out there evil?

Again, as I've mentioned before, I know that there have been some
"visible" cases where the patent applied for (and I believe approved)
were for *very* generic concepts, which, IMHO, shouldn't be approved ...

  ----