Re: Build fails for pl/tcl on OpenBSD - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Build fails for pl/tcl on OpenBSD
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Robert Hentosh <hentosh@io.com> writes:
> It fails with the following error when it compiles src/pl/tcl/pltcl.c:

> pltcl.c:38: tcl.h: No such file or directory

> This works on my linux box since tcl.h is in /usr/include  but on OpenBSD it is located in
/usr/local/include/tcl8.3/tcl.h

OpenBSD's tcl package is broken, then.  It's their responsibility to put
the necessary compiler flags into tclConfig.sh, not the responsibility
of every Tcl-using software to second guess where the include files are.

            regards, tom lane