Build fails for pl/tcl on OpenBSD - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Hentosh
Subject Build fails for pl/tcl on OpenBSD
Date
List pgsql-bugs
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Hentosh
Your email address      : hentosh@io.com

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)         : AMD Athlon

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)  : OpenBSD 2.8

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-7.0):   Todays CVS (pre 7.1.1)

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)           : 2.95.3

building with

 ./configure --enable-syslog

works great.  But when I use

 ./configure --enable-syslog --with-tcl --without-tk --enable-multibyte --enable-unicode-conversion
--with-tclconfig=/usr/local/lib/tcl8.3

It fails with the following error when it compiles src/pl/tcl/pltcl.c:

pltcl.c:38: tcl.h: No such file or directory

This works on my linux box since tcl.h is in /usr/include  but on OpenBSD it is located in
/usr/local/include/tcl8.3/tcl.h

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

Install a base OpenBSD 2.8 system and add the following packages:
bison-1.27.tgz
gettext-0.10.35.tgz
gmake-3.79.1.tgz
tcl-8.3.2.tgz

In addition to the above my system had its kernel recompiled to up shared mem
and semephores.

run the config line from above and then gmake.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

I think the Makefile doesn't take into account if the tcl stuff was placed in a non-standard location.

Change line 66 in src/pl/tcl/Makefile to:

override CFLAGS = $(TCL_CFLAGS_OPTIMIZE) $(TCL_SHLIB_CFLAGS) -I $(TCL_PREFIX)/include/tcl$(TCL_VERSION)