Re: psql performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joseph Shraibman
Subject Re: psql performance
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm sshing into my redhat 8 server and running psql 7.4.7.

My client is fedora core 3.  With konsole terminals I have the problem
but with xterm I don't.

I did a diff between the output of env of both of them and got:

-SSH_CLIENT=66.xxx.xxx.124 32943 22
-SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/5
+SSH_CLIENT=66.xxx.xxx.124 33110 22
+SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/6

(I sanatized my ip)

So the question what is the difference between konsole and xterm that is
causing cpu to be eating up on the server?

My ssh client:
[jks@jks-desktop ~]$ ssh -V
OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003

server sshd:
sshd version OpenSSH_3.4p1

server:> rpm -qa | grep readline
readline-devel-4.3-3