Re: OUT parameters in PL/Java - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: OUT parameters in PL/Java
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
>

>>... The only thing that doesn't work
>>right now is a function that returns RECORD (not SETOF) since the rsinfo
>>in this case is NULL. Can you shed some light on that?
>>

>What's the test case exactly?

thhal=# create function javatest.recordExample(int, int) returns record
as 'org.postgresql.pljava.example.ComplexReturn.complexReturn' immutable
language java;
CREATE FUNCTION
thhal=# select * from javatest.recordExample(3, 4) as (foo int, bar int,
baz timestamptz);
ERROR:  could not determine row description for function returning record

(the error occurs since I make an attempt to fetch by Oid when the
TupleDesc is NULL. Oid in this case is RECORDOID).

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren