Re: OUT parameters in PL/Java - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: OUT parameters in PL/Java
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
> thhal=# create function javatest.recordExample(int, int) returns record
> as 'org.postgresql.pljava.example.ComplexReturn.complexReturn' immutable
> language java;
> CREATE FUNCTION
> thhal=# select * from javatest.recordExample(3, 4) as (foo int, bar int,
> baz timestamptz);
> ERROR:  could not determine row description for function returning record

Hmm.  I think this is not your bug.  Is the call coming from
evaluate_function in clauses.c?  We need to either prevent that from
pre-evaluating a function returning RECORD, or fix it so it can pass
the expected tuple descriptor ... probably the former :-(