Re: lower and unicode - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Miroslav Šulc
Subject Re: lower and unicode
Date
List pgsql-sql
pginfo wrote:

> Hi,
> I am uusing pg 8.0.1 on FreeBSD 5.3 but I am ready t use the version
> taht supports correct unicode.

I think that should be fine. I use PostgreSQL 8.0.1 on Linux (Gentoo)
without these problems (I used cs_CZ.utf8 to init my db). What you write
seems to me that you have your database initialized to something else
than xy_XY.utf8 which must be used to have databases working correctly
with UNICODE. Try 'locale -a' and choose your locale that has *.utf8 to
initialize the database. Then things should be O.K. :-)

I don't remember I've seen some note in documentation that users must
use for databases the same encoding as they used for initdb. If this is
true, it would be time saving to mention this in documentation (if it is
not already there).

> regards,
> ivan.

Miroslav