Re: BUG #7581: changing blocksize makes tests fail - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #7581: changing blocksize makes tests fail
Date
List pgsql-bugs
wdauchy@gmail.com writes:
> I tried to compile pgsql9.2 with the following options: --with-blocksize=16
> and --with-wal-blocksize=16.
> Some tests failed. I didn't have the issue with pgsql9.1.

This is not a bug.  There are any number of changes you could make that
would affect either plan selection or row ordering (which usually means
the same thing) in the regression tests; block size is one, and there
are a lot of more-easily-varied GUC settings as well.  It was pure luck
if you didn't see such an issue in some specific prior release.

            regards, tom lane