Re: Execute and PortalSuspended needs explicit transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: Execute and PortalSuspended needs explicit transaction
Date
Re: Execute and PortalSuspended needs explicit transaction  ("Francisco Figueiredo Jr." <fxjrlists@yahoo.com.br>)
List pgsql-hackers
Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:

> After some testing, I could send an Execute message with 2 as the manx
> number of rows. After the second execute I get the following:
>
> portal "" does not exist
> Severity: ERROR
> Code: 34000
>
> I noticed that I could only get it working if I explicitly create a
> transaction.
>
> I thought it could be some Sync() messages I was sending after the first
> execute, but when I removed them, I still get the problems.

If you're sending any Sync messages at all between the two Executes, it
will indeed cause problems as Sync causes any implicitly-opened
transaction to be closed, which will in turn invalidate any non-holdable
portals.

Do you have a trace of all the messages sent?

-O