Re: SQL error: function round(double precision, integer) does - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From TJ O'Donnell
Subject Re: SQL error: function round(double precision, integer) does
Date
List pgsql-sql
I got round(numeric,int) working OK, but it's got me thinking (a dangerous thing!).
Is there some fundamental reason for round(dp) but round(numeric,int)?
Shouldn't they be, at least, consistent, having round(numeric)
or round(dp,int)?
Am I missing something?

Thanks,
TJ