Re: [JDBC] Where are we on stored procedures? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Schaber
Subject Re: [JDBC] Where are we on stored procedures?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, Tom,

Tom Lane schrieb:

> Yeah, but only because you have to do it explicitly.  I was wondering
> whether we couldn't bury that mechanism under the hood.  (In particular,
> given the improved support in 8.0 for anonymous record types, we could
> in theory have the backend invent a record type on-the-fly to match
> whatever list of OUT parameters a particular function has.)

It would not be necessarily on the fly, at least in the first step we
possibly get away with declaraing the returned tuples at creation time
and implicitly creating those tuple types. The declaration could be like
"returns (touchedrows int, somethingelse datetime), setof (article int,
description text)" for a function/method that has two resultsets, one of
those with always one row.

markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich

Attachment