Re: GiST indexes and concurrency (tsearch2) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Marinos J. Yannikos
Subject Re: GiST indexes and concurrency (tsearch2)
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
> You might try the attached patch (which I just applied to HEAD).
> It cuts down the number of acquisitions of the BufMgrLock by merging
> adjacent bufmgr calls during a GIST index search.  [...]

Thanks - I applied it successfully against 8.0.0, but it didn't seem to
have a noticeable effect. I'm still seeing more or less exactly 25% CPU
usage by postgres processes and identical query times (measured with the
Perl script I posted earlier).

Regards,
  Marinos
--