Re: how to read do the psq \i command - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wampler
Subject Re: how to read do the psq \i command
Date
List pgsql-general
Alonso García wrote:
> Hi list:
>   Recently I installed postgresql 8.0, marvellous; and
> I've been studying the tutorial. I got stuck in
> chapter 2 "The SQL languaje". There, it says that in
> order to read sql commands stored in a file you can
> type:
>   mydb=> \i basics.sql
>
> So I create a file named CreateTable_weather.sql but
> it didn't work, shows a message:
> "CreateTable_weather.sql:No such file or directory".
> I change the working directory and put there the sql
> archive but neither worked.

This works fine with 7.4.2 under Linux:

    weaver% cat >tmp.sql
    select count(*) from addressbook;
    weaver% psql

           \h for help with SQL commands
           \? for help on internal slash commands
           \q to quit

    swampler=# \i tmp.sql
     count
    -------
       148
    (1 row)

    swampler=# \q

Have you tried a simple test (like the above)?  I haven't upgraded to
8.0 yet because of some dependencies I have with patches on JDBC in
7.4.2, but I wouldn't have expected this to break...

--
Steve Wampler -- swampler@noao.edu