Logging question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Madison Kelly
Subject Logging question
Date
Re: Logging question  (Paul Tillotson <pntil@shentel.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

   This is probably an easy question but I couldn't my answer in the
docs (I probably looked right at it...).

   Is there any way I can log and/or display database calls for a
specific database? I am trying to debug a third party program and I can
see that the problem probably has something to do with the DB call (and
insert statement). I normally would use a print inside the program to
see what is being called but this program uses DB calls in a way I am
not familiar with. If could see what is actually being sent it would
make my life a lot easier.

   I don't want to just enable logging though because there is another
quite active database on the same system.

Thanks!!

Madison