Re: C locale + unicode - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Sidney-Woollett
Subject Re: C locale + unicode
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom, thanks for the info.

Do upper() and lower() only work correctly for postgres v8 UTF-8 encoded
databases? (They don't seem to work on chars > standard ascii on my
7.4.6 db). Is this locale or encoding specific issue?

Is there likely to be a significant difference in speed between a
database using a UTF-8 locale and the C locale (if you don't care about
the small issues you detailed below)?

Thanks.

John Sidney-Woollett