Re: how to optimize my c-extension functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From TJ O'Donnell
Subject Re: how to optimize my c-extension functions
Date
List pgsql-general
To add to my last followup posting, the only way I use
oe_mathces(smiles) is in something like the following:

Select smiles,id from structure where oe_matches(smiles,'CCOC');

The match string 'CCOC' in this case, varies widely according to
the needs of the user during that session.
It is analogous to regexp matching, except that the semantics
of oe_matches is nothing at all like string matching, even though
smiles is actually a character string.  Character string smiles
are simply an extenral representation of a more complex c++ molecular
structure object.

TJ