Re: [OT] found nagios plugins for monitoring Dell server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Sidney-Woollett
Subject Re: [OT] found nagios plugins for monitoring Dell server
Date
List pgsql-general
For anyone who needs nagios plugins to monitor the state of their raid
controllers and disk arrays for their Dell db servers

There is a nagios plugin for the megaraid controllers at
http://www.ibiblio.org/john/megaraid/

And a plugin for the accraid controllers at
http://www.iamafreeman.com/projects/nagios_plugins/

The developers of these plugins have both been really helpful, and the
plugins appear to work well. You need to have snmp installed on the
server to be monitored.

The accraid plugin gives info like:
OK: sda 52GB RAID 5 temp: 77F: 1 global hotspare, 4 ok
while the megaraid plugin gives an OK or Error message.

Hope that helps someone else in the future.

Johh Sidney-Woollett