[OT] Dell Perc 3/di raid monitoring for PG db server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Sidney-Woollett
Subject [OT] Dell Perc 3/di raid monitoring for PG db server
Date
List pgsql-general
I know that this is off topic, but I'm not getting anywhere and wondered
if anyone has come across and solved this problem before.

We use Nagios to monitor our servers. Our Dell PE 1550s and 1750s are
monitored using a check_megaraid nagios plugin which uses SNMP and works
fine.

Our postgres databases are running on two Dell PE 2650s which use an
aacraid (not megaraid) 3/di controller. This means that we need a
different toolset to check the array.

We currently appear to have three options:

1) Use the afacli (command line tool) to output the current array status
and diff it against a previous known good state and report back accordingly

2) or setup snmp on the db server and modify the check_megaraid nagios
plugin to check the response from the aacraid snmp reply (problem is
that there is virtually no documentation on getting snmp configured for
the aacraid controller)

3) or find someone who has already solved this problem

Does anyone have a reliable way of monitoring the state of a Perc 3/di
array which works with nagios that they'd like to share?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

John Sidney-Woollett