Re: [despammed] \d output to a file - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Geoffrey
Subject Re: [despammed] \d output to a file
Date
List pgsql-novice
Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
> am  15.12.2004, um  6:38:22 -0800 mailte sarlav kumar folgendes:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I would like to write the output of the \d command on all tables in a database to an output file. There are more than
200tables in the database. I am aware of \o command to write the output to a file. But, it will be tough to do the \d
foreach table manually and write the output to a file. Is there a command/ way in which I can achieve this without
havingto do it for each table?
>>Any help in this regard would be really appreciated.
>

> You can write a little shell-script to list all tables via \d and parse
> the output to generate for each table a '\d table'.

Or:

for table in $(<filethatcontainsalistofthetables); do

    echo "\d $table" | psql $DATABASE > ${table}.out
done

--
Until later, Geoffrey