Re: Need Help and suggestion. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Need Help and suggestion.
Date
List pgsql-general
Artistic-HO- IT-Department wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a user table in which number of users are created in a
> database rather creating postgresql user. We are having only one
> database user, through which we connect database.

OK

> Like Mr. A add intry into table and data is copied into audit table.
> Mr. B edit entry into table and data is copied into audit table. Mr.
> C delete entry into table but it add data into audit table that Mr. B
> delete it(As it was the person who edit last). It saved the whole row
> that was deleted.

> """"How can i make trigger on database that will add userid into
> audit table that Mr. C has deleted the entry."""""

Create a session table and store your user-name there when you connect.
Then the trigger can access the session table for the user-name. You can
use the backend process-id as a key for the table:
   SELECT pg_backend_pid()

HTH
--
   Richard Huxton