Re: Alternatives to Dell? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Alternatives to Dell?
Date
List pgsql-performance

> Thing is, some companies are required to use 1st-tier or at least 2nd-tier
> vendors for hardware; they won't home-build.   For those people, what vendors
> do others on this list recommend?   What have been your good/bad experiences?

Well this is almost as bad as vi/emacs ;) but I have had good experience
with Compaq Proliant (now HP) servers. I have also "heard" good things
about IBM.

IBM actually sells a reasonable costing Opteron server as well.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.

Attachment