Re: pgxs regression - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: pgxs regression
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Joe Conway wrote:
>> The problem is related specifically to Makefiles using MODULE_big. I
>> tested a few contribs that use MODULES and they seem to work fine
>> under pgxs.
>>

> Seems you have the same issue that I have with PL/Java. I had to
> explicitly change my target from:
>
>    all: all_lib
>
> to:
>
>    all: $(shlib)
>
> The thread "Problems with pgxs" started in hackers on 10/31 may be of
> some interest.

I'll go take a look at the thread (haven't yet) but as of the moment
this is not fixed in cvs. Here are two examples from contrib (in each
case I inserted "USE_PGXS = 1" into the Makefile):

# cd contrib/dblink/
# vi Makefile
# make
make: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/local/pgsql-dev/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/../../src/port/pg_config_paths.h',

needed by `all-static-lib'.  Stop.
# cd ../pgcrypto/
# vi Makefile
# make
sed 's,MODULE_PATHNAME,$libdir/pgcrypto,g' pgcrypto.sql.in >pgcrypto.sql
make: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/local/pgsql-dev/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/../../src/port/pg_config_paths.h',

needed by `all-static-lib'.  Stop.

As stated above, *all* contribs using MODULE_big fail in this same
manner. Do they all need the workaround mentioned above? Seems to me
like we need a better solution than that.

Joe