Re: pgxs regression - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgxs regression
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> I'll go take a look at the thread (haven't yet) but as of the moment
> this is not fixed in cvs. Here are two examples from contrib (in each
> case I inserted "USE_PGXS = 1" into the Makefile):

> # cd contrib/dblink/
> # vi Makefile
> # make
> make: *** No rule to make target
> `/usr/local/pgsql-dev/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/../../src/port/pg_config_paths.h',
> needed by `all-static-lib'.  Stop.

My inclination is to get rid of the dependency of the Makefile.shlib
targets on pg_config_paths.h; Bruce has never satisfactorily explained
why he added that.  There may be a need for a dependency on
pg_config_paths.h someplace, but surely this is the wrong place.

I don't understand what $(PTHREAD_H_WIN32) is doing there either --- the
only definition of it that I can see isPTHREAD_H_WIN32 = yes
in libpq/Makefile, which does not look like a build target.  (The
comment just above that saying "this doesn't work yet" doesn't increase
my faith any...)