Installation Problem on Solaris - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From CONDLEJ@chplink.chp.edu
Subject Installation Problem on Solaris
Date
List pgsql-novice
I am running Solaris 7.
I have downloaded postgresql-7.1.2

I first did the default installation typing ./configure and all worked well.  I
then decided to modify the installation by adding with--tcl, with-java.  When I
did this I started to get the following error after running configure.
*** Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
*** releated to locating the sharded libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
*** for the exact reason.

Errors from config.log

Undefined           first referenced
 symbol                  in file
optreset                /var/tmp/cc8bnjqR.p
ld: fatal : Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest

I then tried to go back to the original configure file.  Still same problem.  I
deleted everything and redownloaded the software.  Using the default configure
script I got the same shared libraries error.
Any One have a suggestion.

Joe