Re: Avoiding explicit addDataType calls for PostGIS - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: Avoiding explicit addDataType calls for PostGIS
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Markus Schaber wrote:

>>Perhaps an array-based accessor, one element per datatype?
>
> Or a Map, so we can index via name.

This doesn't play so well with JavaBeans. It has mechanisms for handling
array-based accessors, but a Map is just a serializable object..

>>Alternatively, collapse all the datatype stuff down to a single property
>>and teach the property-munging code how to merge (rather than replace)
>>multiple settings of that property together. (this second option is more
>>like what JNDI property files do)
>
> This sounds cleaner, IMHO. This would produce (and allow) to specify
> something like datatypes=geom:org.postgis.PGgeometry,blubb=com.foo.bar
>
> Should I try to change the patch this way?

If you have time that'd be appreciated. I'm short on time and recovering
from illness right now :(

-O