Re: Avoiding explicit addDataType calls for PostGIS - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Markus Schaber
Subject Re: Avoiding explicit addDataType calls for PostGIS
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi, Oliver,

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:04:54 +1300
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> wrote:

> >>Alternatively, collapse all the datatype stuff down to a single property
> >>and teach the property-munging code how to merge (rather than replace)
> >>multiple settings of that property together. (this second option is more
> >>like what JNDI property files do)
> >
> > This sounds cleaner, IMHO. This would produce (and allow) to specify
> > something like datatypes=geom:org.postgis.PGgeometry,blubb=com.foo.bar
> >
> > Should I try to change the patch this way?
>
> If you have time that'd be appreciated.

I'll see how far I get, it's rather busy at work those days.

Maybe it even makes sense to split the patch into two parts: The general
property work, and the invention of the datatypes property.

> I'm short on time and recovering
> from illness right now :(

Get well soon!

Thanks for your efforts,
Markus Schaber
--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich