Re: win32 tablespace handing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Reini Urban
Subject Re: win32 tablespace handing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian schrieb:
>>Reini Urban schrieb:
>>>Cygwin can do symlinks for directories via the magic .lnk file.
>>>But Cygwin can also do junctions via hardlinks in ln.exe.
>>>I thought link() calls the junction code.
>>>I'll investigate why the libc link() failed, and if ln.exe does some
>>>sifferent magic, similar to pgsymlink.
>>
>>I thought a little bit over this.
>>
>>hardlinks and junctions don't work across physical disks, only symlinks.
>

> Where did you read this?  I just looked and can see no such restriction.

Sorry, obviously I just got old information.
So we have to update our old cygwin code for NTFS5.

You can use Volume Mount Points with DeviceIoControl now too, since
Win2000 NTFS 5. Sorry. I only knew about Directory Junction Points.

http://www.codeproject.com/w2k/junctionpoints.asp
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/