Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams@oryx.com> writes:
> I decided against bundling the two operations together. Here's a patch
> to add PQprepare() and PQsendPrepare() in a fairly self-contained way.
> Any thoughts? Does this look good enough for 8.0?

Seems OK as far as it goes, but a complete patch would require
documentation additions.  Also you missed adding entry points in the
.dll files, and possibly other minor things.  Searching for all
references to one of the existing entry points such as PQexecPrepared
will probably help you identify what you need to do.