Re: output file name - was pg_restore / psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Harald Armin Massa
Subject Re: output file name - was pg_restore / psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
uuupsss.. and while at comments:

pg_restore restores a PostgreSQL database from an archive cr

Usage:
  pg_restore [OPTION]... [FILE]

General options:
 -d, --dbname=NAME        output database name (restore into a psql
database)
 -f, --file=FILENAME      output file name (create a plain text sql file)
 -F, --format=c|t         specify backup file format (custom or tar,
plain text is not possible)
---------

Yes, I know that "--format=c|t contains the same information; but ... it
can take quite some time to recognize. Especially ... pg_restore MAY be
used in a stress situation (database went down, backup has to be
installed...) when maybe the instructions for re-installations did not
got updated during the last 5 system updates....

(I know, in a correct managed world that would not happen.....)

Harald

Attachment