Re: Generated column and partitioning bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Generated column and partitioning bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Maxim Gasumyants <m@gasumyants.com> writes:
> I am running latest release of PostgreSQL 12.

Are you certain it's the latest?  This looks suspiciously like
some Var-numbering bugs we fixed a year or so ago.

I failed to reproduce any problem in 12.9 on the basis of the
info you supplied.  I suppose that there might be some additional
conditions needed, like a dropped column in the parent table,
but experimentation didn't find it.

It might be useful to show the results of

select attname, attnum, attisdropped from pg_attribute
where attrelid = 'products_product_offers'::regclass and attnum > 0;

Also, if you can make a self-contained SQL script that exhibits
the problem for you, that would be very useful.

            regards, tom lane