Re: schema level variables and deferrable unique constraints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: schema level variables and deferrable unique constraints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andre wrote:
> Package variables are not transactional, additionaly they are
> session based - each session has it's own variables(values).
> You can assign initial(defult) values in package spec.
> Using table for them would also imply several columns
> for each datatype or several tables for them.

I did a crude implementation of session variables for my OSCON tutorial
which can be found here:  http://www.joeconway.com/tut_oscon_2004.pdf
See the slides with myfunc_setvar(), myfunc_getvar(), and myfunc_rmvar().

I have a slightly improved version that I'm using on a production system
with good results. You can get the tarball here:

http://www.joeconway.com/pgsession.tar.gz

There was another implementation of session variables based on shared
memory floating around the lists somewhere. You might try searching the
archives for that also.

HTH,

Joe