Re: pgAdmin III bug with transaction failure - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: pgAdmin III bug with transaction failure
Date
List pgadmin-support
RStefko@aol.com wrote:
> I'm trying to run a SQL script in pgAdminIII which works in psql but
> fails in pgAdminIII
>
> Platform:  XP Professional sp2
> Language: English
> Version: 1.2.0 Post Beta 1 (Sep 12 2004)
>
> Problem:
> The script I'm running drops a table, then creates the table as separate
> transactions.
>
> If the table does not exist when executing the DROP Table then I get an
> error "table 'xxx' does not exist' (which is OK with me) but the second
> transaction does not execute.

This is normal pgsql behaviour. All statements are executed in a single
batch/transaction. If one fails, the rest won't be executed.

You can mark the statements individually and execute them manually one
by one.

Regards,
Andreas