Re: beta1 & beta2 & Windows & heavy load - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Schuchardt
Subject Re: beta1 & beta2 & Windows & heavy load
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane schrieb:

> Yeah, I ran into that earlier today while trying to reproduce your
> problem.  It's fixed by this pending patch.  I didn't see any freeze-up
> of the system after running out of lock memory, though.  It seemed to
> release the locks just fine.

Yeah this error is away now.

Now i got the same behavoir as before. Notice that I'v never opened a
transaction in the following scenario. I'm unable to do anything with
this connection.

example:

C:\postgres\bin>psql TEST
Welcome to psql 8.0.0beta2, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms       \h for help with SQL commands       \? for help with psql commands
\gor terminate with semicolon to execute query       \q to quit

Warning: Console codepage (850) differs from windows codepage (1252)         8-bit characters will not work correctly.
SeePostgreSQL         documentation "Installation on Windows" for details.

TEST=# SELECT count(*) FROM art; count
------- 13534
(1 row)
TEST=# UPDATE art SET ak_res=0 WHERE ak_nr='###';
UPDATE 0
TEST=# UPDATE art SET ak_res=0;
WARNING:  out of shared memory
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "do_standard_mgc" line 2 at block variables
initialization
WARNING:  StartAbortedSubTransaction while in START state
ERROR:  out of shared memory
HINT:  You may need to increase max_locks_per_transaction.
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "do_standard_mgc" line 2 at block variables
initialization
TEST=# UPDATE art SET ak_res=0 WHERE ak_nr='###';
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
TEST=# SELECT count(*) FROM art;
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
TEST=# ROLLBACK;
ROLLBACK
TEST=# SELECT count(*) FROM art;