Re: MacosX No rule to make target `ui/common/*.xrc', - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: MacosX No rule to make target `ui/common/*.xrc',
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Numa Schmeder wrote:
> Hello,
> I have tried to compile the latest snapshot from pgadmin under macosx
> 10.3.5
> Version :
>     - PgAdmin3-1.1.0
>     - wxWidgets-pgAdmin3-20040711-1
>
> I had no problem compiling wxWidgets and the demos, all demos were
> working correctly (not perfect, but very usable).
> I had much more problems with pgAdmin, first i had to change the
> makefile generated to remove the -lcrypt option as it is not available
> on macosx.

Maybe it should be -lcrypto?

> I had then to had the wx libraries manually -lwx_core -framework cocoa
> etc. to the makefile (i can send a diff), if not i had some undefined
> symbol.
> I tried compilation has static and dynamic, and i finally succeed having
> pgadmin binary compiled.
> The last error i have and i couldn't find any solution about this one :
>     - No rule to make target `ui/common/*.xrc', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.

These files are in cvs. If you compile without debug, they are not
needed, because they are converted to xrcdialogs.cpp and compiled in.

> So i find my self with a binary of pgadmin3 in my build folder with
> every piece statically linked that is working, i tried launching it and
> it started but gives an error telling that it can't find the resource
> files.
> ie: can't open file ./ui/pgadmin3.lng

You need it. The path is relative to the pgadmin3 executable, just as
./ui/common/*.xrc.

> I imagine this come from the fact that the build didn't terminated
> correctly

Probably. You can copy them manually, or
cd {your-pgadmin-src-dir}/src ; pgadmin3

Please post all results you have when running pgadmin3 on OSX, the port
is still not completed. Also, I'd be interested if everything works ok
if you use a recent wx snapshot from the official website, it should
work for you unpatched. What's happening  if you change fonts, does
everything still display correctly? This is one place where you might
locate problems.

Regards,
Andreas