Re: Installation question under MINGW - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Installation question under MINGW
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Dann Corbit wrote:

>Is it normally necessary to manually export the paths:
>/usr/local/pgsql/bin
>/usr/local/pgsql/lib
>
>After installation of PostgreSQL under MINGW?
>
>Usually, after:
>make install
>
>I can run an application, but PostgreSQL's installation does not seem to
>have exported the paths for me.

We have gone to a lot of trouble to make sure that the app is in fact
relocatable - we don't expect you to run it under MinGW, or even to have
MinGW installed on a machine where you run it (and /usr/local/pgsql/bin
only makes sense within MSys anyway). Just put the whole shebang where
you would normally expect it to be on Windows (e.g. C:\Program
Files\Postgres\8.0 beta2\) and then add the bin and lib dirs under that
to your path. Of course, the installer does lots of work for you.

cheers

andrew