Re: Error for WITH options on partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error for WITH options on partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs <simon.riggs@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Karina's changes make sense to me, so +1.
> This is a minor patch, so I will set this as Ready For Committer.

Pushed with minor fiddling:

* I concur with Karina's thought that ERRCODE_WRONG_OBJECT_TYPE
is the most on-point errcode for this.  The complaint is specifically
about the table relkind and has nothing to do with the storage
parameter per se.  I also agree that it's not worth trying to use
a different errcode for CREATE vs. ALTER.

* The HINT message wasn't per project style (it should be formatted as
a complete sentence), and I thought using "parameters for" in the
main message but "parameters on" in the hint was oddly inconsistent.