Re: BUG #17434: CREATE/DROP DATABASE can be executed in the same transaction with other commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17434: CREATE/DROP DATABASE can be executed in the same transaction with other commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> This has broken the following use:

> parse: create temporary table t1 (a int) on commit drop
> bind
> execute
> parse: analyze t1
> bind
> execute
> parse: select * from t1
> bind
> execute
> sync

> I think the behavior of IsInTransactionBlock() needs to be further
> refined to support this.

Hmm.  Maybe the right way to think about this is "if we have completed an
EXECUTE, and not yet received a following SYNC, then report that we are in
a transaction block"?  But I'm not sure if that breaks any other cases.