Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Weird new time zone - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Weird new time zone
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> But in any case, I've committed code that implements Oliver's idea.
> Could folks take another swipe at it and see if it works well in their
> local zones?  Also, it'd still be interesting to see if we could #ifdef
> out the matching on zone names for Windows and still get reasonable
> results.

Sadly, it now thinks I live a bit further south than I actually do :)

template1=# show timezone;      TimeZone
-------------------- Antarctica/McMurdo
(1 row)

The only timezones that get positive scores during startup are:

DEBUG:  TZ "Antarctica/McMurdo" gets max score 2080
DEBUG:  TZ "Antarctica/South_Pole" gets max score 2080
DEBUG:  TZ "Pacific/Auckland" gets max score 2080
DEBUG:  TZ "NZ" gets max score 2080

Either of "NZ" or "Pacific/Auckland" would be correct.
From memory it picked Pacific/Auckland with the slightly older code.

-O