Re: Fixing PKs and Uniques in tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Fixing PKs and Uniques in tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>Since we stole tablespaces from Oracle, maybe we should make them work
>>the same?
>
> I never really considered oracle's implementation of tablespaces when I
> worked on tablespaces. The database default tablespace seems similar to
> Oracle's SYSTEM tablespace. I'm not sure if they use a global tablespace
> like we do.

My point was that Oracle has added a tablespace clause to the constraint
clause, so we can too!

Also, since I checked and it seems that our syntax for putting tables an
d indexes in tablespaces at creation time is identical to oracle's,
perhaps we should copy them on constraints as well.

Chris