Re: win2k, service, pg_ctl, popen, etc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: win2k, service, pg_ctl, popen, etc
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> The version check is centralized in one place, exec.c, and I don't want
> to have different behaviors on Win32 and Unix if we can help it.  Let's
> go with the system() into a temp file.

You know that system() isn't executed synchronously under win32, don't you?

Version resource checking seems much more suitable. Additionally, more
or less every win32 executable or dll should have the version resource.
IMHO a missing resource is an indicator of a win32 novice programmer.

Regards,
Andreas