Re: check point segments leakage ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: check point segments leakage ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,>> Perhaps you have an open transaction that isn't closing and thus the> pg_xlog continues to grow?>>
Sincerely,>>Joshua D. Drake

I was thinking about it but unfortunately there is no transaction open.

On my development database, were I simulate the same operation that I
did in production I have the same situation: 34 files and same
configuration, right now there are 5 connection and no one of them have
a transaction opened:

template1=# select * from pg_locks ; relation | database | transaction |  pid  |      mode       | granted
AccessShareLock| t          |          |     7714652 | 15910 | ExclusiveLock   | t

Regards
Gaetano Mendola